From Human Services
The Sullivan County Human Services office coordinates many different programs with other outside agencies which provide direct services to County residents.
Through the Human Services Development Fund (HSDF), State funded with an annual allocation, this office contracts with the following agencies to provide the services listed:
- Area Agency on Aging – Home Delivered meals, Home Support and Personal Care for income eligible persons 60 years of age and older. - (570) 946-4316 - www.aaaseniors.org
- Endless Mountains Transportation Authority – Transportation services for income eligible persons who do not qualify for transportation through any other program. - (800) 242-3484 - www.helpline-nepa.org
- HELP LINE – Information & Referral Services. - (888) 829-1341
- Trehab – Housing related services to low income and elderly families and/or individuals. - (570) 928-9668 - www.trehab.org
- Victim Services – Provides transportation services for victims of abuse. - (570) 946-4215 - www.sullivancountyvictimservices.org
- Bayada Home Health - Provides non-medical homemaker services for
eligible county residents under the age of 60. - Williamsport Office
Contact - (570) 329-2200 - www.bayada.com
In addition to HSDF services, the following programs are coordinated by the County Human Services Coordinator:
- State Food Purchase Program (SFPP) – Provides State funded allocation dollars to Sullivan County Food Pantry and Trehab Food Pantry to purchase food for distribution to families in need.
- The Emergency Food Assistance Program (TEAFP) – Federal Surplus Food is made available for distribution to families in need through Trehab Food Pantry in conjunction with SFPP.
For more information visit www.agriculture.state.pa.us, click Bureaus, Commissions, Councils & Office tab, then click Bureau of Food Distribution.
The Emergency Food and Shelter Program, a Federal funded assistance program, can provide a one (1) month mortgage or rent payment and/or a one month metered utility payment or vendor minimum delivery amount of a non-metered utility (Wood, Oil or Propane if the primary heat source). Sullivan County Households can be assisted once a year through this program while funds are available and on a first come first serve basis.
Contact the Department
Mark Roinick - Coordinator
Sullivan County Human Services
245 Muncy Street
PO Box 157
Laporte, PA 18626
Phone: (570) 946-7677
Fax: (570) 946-4421